Using Symbols to represent a numerical value like percentage

Options

I am trying to create some visual queues on my smartsheet. I have a % Complete column that essentially shows how far along we are between the start and due date. I'd like to represent these percentages with symbols to provide visual queues about our progress. In this case, I am trying to use the little smiley/frowny face symbols. I modified a formula I found and can't figure out why I can't get it to work. I'm guessing it's either a silly syntax thing or I've taken the wrong approach to my problem. Any ideas?

=IF([% Complete]@row = 0, "No Pain", ([% Complete]@row < 0.25, "Mild", IF([% Complete]@row < 0.5, "Moderate", IF([% Complete]@row < 0.75, "Severe", IF([% Complete]@row < 1, "Very Severe", IF([% Complete]@row = 1, "Extreme"))))))

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Will Mellinger ,

Try this:

=IF([% Complete]@row = 0, "No Pain", IF([% Complete]@row < 0.25, "Mild", IF([% Complete]@row < 0.5, "Moderate", IF([% Complete]@row < 0.75, "Severe", IF([% Complete]@row < 1, "Very Severe", IF([% Complete]@row = 1, "Extreme"))))))

Does you percent complete check to see if the project is complete?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!