I am trying to determine how many cells fall within 60 - 90 days

Options

=COUNTIF([Expiration Date]:[Expiration Date], <=TODAY(90))

I need it to bring back the results that are 61-90 days from today. I'm sure it's something simple, I just can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Amanda Garcia ,

Try:

=COUNTIF([Expiration Date]:[Expiration Date], AND(@cell>TODAY(60), @CELL <=TODAY(90)))

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Amanda Garcia
    Options

Thank you for the quick response, but I'm still getting an error message

=COUNTIF([Expiration Date]:[Expiration Date], AND(@cell>TODAY(60), @CELL <=TODAY(90)))

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Amanda Garcia (and @Mark Cronk!)

Just a note, the @cell function needs to all be in lower case. I haven't tested the formula above, but if the syntax works you may just need to adjust the second @cell to be lower case:

=COUNTIF([Expiration Date]:[Expiration Date], AND(@cell>TODAY(60), @cell <=TODAY(90)))

Personally I would use a COUNTIFS function (plural), listing the range twice, but there are many ways to achieve the same results!

Let me know if the above works for you.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Amanda Garcia
    Options

That worked! Thank you both so much!

Genevieve - could you share how you would have done it? just trying to have as much exposure to formulas as possible.

thank you again

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Amanda Garcia

No problem!

=COUNTIFS([Expiration Date]:[Expiration Date], >TODAY(60), [Expiration Date]:[Expiration Date], <=TODAY(90))

I'm partial to COUNTIFS (plural) because it works with a single Range (column) & Criteria, or with multiple Ranges & multiple Criteria. Makes it easy to add on filters as-needed, without having to remember to add an S to the function at the beginning. 🙂

Let me know if you have any questions about this!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!