How do I stop a report showing two names, when only one name should appear?

Hi,

I have a column titled 'Assigned To' and is only set to only allow one contact per cell.

When I run a report and use Group By 'Assigned To' it rolls together some cells which shouldn't be rolled together.

Weirder still, if I use the alternate sort order, another two names combine...

Note: I am using a =PARENT() calculation to autofill the CHILD cells, but still can't see why I would be getting two names in report generated, everything else is processed accurately.

Any ideas what this might be happening?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kevin O'Reilly

It's showing like that because you have the Grouping selection active. Remove it, and it will show correctly.

Make sense?

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks Andree, not quite the right fix.

I want Grouping to be selected to use that functionality so the team can see the work they are all tasked to do, grouped by person.

Each row in the smart sheet has only 1 persons name to it.

There is never a child task designated to a person with a different person responsible for the parent task.

It seems like an odd bug, that the rest of the groups work, except this one. (I would share my sheet with you, but it would be a mission to anonymize all the names etc. for public display)