Creating multiple rows of data from one Form submission

Hello!

Does anyone know if there is a solution that would allow a submitter of a form to create multiple rows of data within a sheet without having to submit multiple forms? I don't think there is a solution, but I did think that I saw a few posts on here regarding a work around solution.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Cinda.q

I developed a solution using two forms (or the same form by using conditional logic) that can be used to submit the main information and then the other information on a new row for each submission after the first.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Cinda.q
    Cinda.q ✭✭✭✭

Andree-

Yes, that would be helpful! When I create a conditional logic for the form the data just populates in another column so getting it to generate in another row would be fantastic.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Cinda.q

Excellent!

I just noticed (going through the backlog) that you already requested it.

I've sent it to you now.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi,

I too am interested as well. Anything you can share. I am kind of a novice user? I have used forms...but not clear on how you create the multi row entry

• Dear , I'm also interested to have the solution to add from one form multiple rows. My specific situation is the following:

• account information must be submitted by filling in a form (account number, account name, address and responsible persons applicable for that account)
    • account number, account name and address is needed once on the form, but the "responsible persons applicable for that account" can be one or more persons --> these responsible persons must come every time in a different line in the smalsheet, where all the other information is identical for all of them

Account number / Account Name / Address / Account persons

001 / test 1 /address 1/ person A

001 / test1 / address 1/ person B

001 / test1 / address 1/ person C

002 /test 2 / address 2 / person A

003 / test 3 / address 3 / person A

003 / test 3 / address 3 / person B

What I need to have is a form that is giving me the possibility to insert

• Account number
    • Account name
    • Address
    • Account persons --> this is the one that can be one or more and in case it is more then one, it needs to come in an additional line (not in the same line)

I want to avoid that they have to submit 3 times a form (example 001) where they have to fill in 3 times again the same information for account number, account name and address and where only the Account person is changing

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @laurie.sather47706

I hope you're well and safe!

I'd be happy to share an example. 

Please send me an email at andree@workbold.com, and I'll share it with you.

I hope that helps!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Dirk Vanhees

I'd be happy to share an example that might help, but it doesn't work exactly as you described (but I have an idea of a solution)

I hope that helps!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Hi Andrée,

I too am interested in the two form solution. Could you please share it with me?

Thanks

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Heval A.

I'd be happy to share an example. 

I hope that helps!

Best,

• Frank Rego
    Frank Rego ✭✭✭

Hi Andree,

Thanks for all your support in this forum. I have the same requirement and I have sent you an email request.

• Yvelise
    Yvelise ✭✭

Hi Andree,

I as well have a similar request and need some assistance. I just sent you an email with the request. If you could share the workaround with me that would be great!

Thanks,

Yvelise

• frider
    frider ✭✭

Hello all, would it be possible for me to have a look at the solution?

• kgooseman
    kgooseman ✭✭
    edited 07/11/22

@Andrée Starå Sure would like to see the workaround option posted here, if anyone is willing to share

• TAbs
    TAbs ✭✭

I have sent two emails asking for this solution. Are you able to provide it to me?

• Andrée’s solution is good, but it doesn't work with you have different people submitting the forms at the same time. I tested it, and it doesn't attach to the correct primary row if two different people submit it in the same time, so you can end up with incorrect order in the GRID.

I’m hoping that developers can get to this issue soon because it would make a HUGE difference for many, including my organization!