Is there a row limit in a report when using Summarize or Group Features

Options

I'm getting an error when I try to group and/or summarize in a report. The error is asking me to use filter criteria to reduce rows. Is there a row limit when using group/summarize features? I really hope not!   Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jennifer Langan

NOTES:

• If your report has over 2,500 rows, grouping will automatically be collapsed. To expand the groups, ensure that the report has fewer than 2,500 rows that meet the report criteria.
    • When rows are grouped, the primary column will automatically be placed in the left-most position.
    • If you print or export the report, only the base rows will be captured. 

Only the base rows will be visible from a dashboard if the report is embedded through a Chart Widget or Report Widget. If you wish to see the grouping summary rows in your dashboard, publish the report and embed it using the Web Content Widget. See Widget Types for Smartsheet Dashboards for more information.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jennifer Langan

NOTES:

• If your report has over 2,500 rows, grouping will automatically be collapsed. To expand the groups, ensure that the report has fewer than 2,500 rows that meet the report criteria.
    • When rows are grouped, the primary column will automatically be placed in the left-most position.
    • If you print or export the report, only the base rows will be captured. 

Only the base rows will be visible from a dashboard if the report is embedded through a Chart Widget or Report Widget. If you wish to see the grouping summary rows in your dashboard, publish the report and embed it using the Web Content Widget. See Widget Types for Smartsheet Dashboards for more information.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.