Fiscal Week / Month / Year

Options
Steve Ketterer
Steve Ketterer ✭✭✭
edited 01/29/21 in Formulas and Functions

Greetings All!

I am stumped trying to get a Grid to formulate for Fiscal Dates. I am trying to report out and showcase on a Dashboard what has been done This Week (Sun - Sat) , Last Week, This Month, and This Quarter. I have tried several IF, DATE, and various other formulas. I have the report aspect fine, as well as the Dashboard, but the Fiscal timing has been my barrier so far! I have read several other questions, but nothing has helped, so any help/advice would be appreciated!!

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try:

= IF(WEEK(date@row)=WEEK(TODAY()), "This Week", IF(WEEK(date@row)=WEEK(TODAY(7)), "Next Week", " -"))

Unparsable usually means there's a paren or comma out of place. I found a missing ".

Work this time?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Steve Ketterer ,

Is this what you're looking for? Replace my date@row with your date column name:

This week is :

IF(WEEK(date@row)=week(today()), "This Week",

Next week is:

IF(WEEK(date@row)=WEEK(TODAY(7)), next week",

Quarter is:

IF(MONTH(date@row)>8,"4Q", IF(MONTH(date@row)>5, "3Q", IF(MONTH(date@row)>3, "2Q", "1Q")))

Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Steve Ketterer
    Options

Hi @Mark Cronk!

I am sorry for the delay in my response as I was out on my weekend.

I tested all the formulas, and all come back Unparseable. I have tried slight variations to that, but I am not even seeing a "Week" Formula, and I have tried WEEKDAY, and WEEKNUMBER to adjust, but to no avail.

However the Quarterly one has worked perfectly! Thank you for that one!

If you have anymore insight on the Fiscal Week problem, please let me know!

Thank You!

Steve

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try:

= IF(WEEK(date@row)=WEEK(TODAY()), "This Week", IF(WEEK(date@row)=WEEK(TODAY(7)), "Next Week", " -"))

Unparsable usually means there's a paren or comma out of place. I found a missing ".

Work this time?

Mark

• midniterodeo
    Options

I like these formulas for fiscal date information. How do you get the Fiscal Month along the same lines?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!