Late application formula

Hi- I have 3 date fields that I would like to compare to determine if an application is late (app status):

app submitted

final filing date

extended filing date

app status ( late )

if app is submitted on 1/15/21 and the final filing date is 1/15/21 the app status should be BLANK; if there is an extended filing date of 1/20/21 the app status field should still be blank; if the app is received 1/16/21 the app status should be blank (as the filing date was extended).

If there is no extended filing date and the final filing date is 1/15/21 and app is received on 1/16/21 the app status should say LATE; if there is an extended filing date of 1/21 and an app is received 1/22/21 app status would be LATE - so the app status field needs to first determine if there is an extended date - if not, calc the app sub date against the final filing date; if there is an extended filing date, the app status should calc the app sub date against the extended filing date.

I have had this working but it does not stick ... it will note remove a LATE from the column if I make changes... also it is regarding the app sub date and the ffd or effd as = when I use (i.e., app sub 1/5/21, ffd 1/5/21 should not be LATE - thank you

Best Answers

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!