Is it possible to automate the update to current status column? I need the status text only. thanks

Options

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Maryjo Reyes

Hope you are fine, do you mean that you want the latest status to be displayed in the current status column, for example in row 1 = Payment Received because it's the latest status. if this is what you mean please use the following formula:

current status = if(ISDATE([Date Payment Received]@row), [Status 5]@row, if(ISDATE([Date Approved ACCNT]@row), [Status 4]@row,if(ISDATE([Date Approved BD]@row), [Status 3]@row,if(ISDATE([Date Approved CPCAD]@row), [Status 2]@row,if(ISDATE([Date Approved PDMG]@row), [Status 1]@row,""))))))

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Maryjo Reyes
    Options

Hello @Bassam.M Khalil,

Thanks for your reply. Yes that's what I mean to get the latest status in each rows.

Using your formula it gives me #UNPARSEABLE.

Thank you.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Maryjo Reyes

Could you please export your sheet to excel and attach it here ( remove any sensitive data ) the error because of the column name. i will give you the exact formula.

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Maryjo Reyes
    Options

Hi @Bassam.M Khalil,

This is just a draft in excel format. Thanks

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Maryjo Reyes

Please check the following formula

=IF(ISDATE([Date Payment Received]@row), [Status 5]@row, IF(ISDATE([Date Approved ACCNT]@row), [Status 4]@row, IF(ISDATE([Date Approved BD]@row), [Status 3]@row, IF(ISDATE([Date Approved CPCAD]@row), [Status 2]@row, IF(ISDATE([Date Approved PDMG]@row), [Status 1]@row, "")))))

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!