Variable Elimination

Options

I am having trouble trying to eliminate a variable form my formula

=COUNTIFS([Current Status]1:[Current Status]80, NOT(CONTAINS("Early", @cell, "DNP", @cell)))

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Oh, or do you mean contains GNG? or Completed, as well as the first criteria? Change the word to fit your conditions.

=COUNTIFS([GNG 1 Status]:[GNG 1 Status], CONTAINS("Completed"@cell), [Current Status]:[Current Status], AND(@cell <> "", NOT(CONTAINS("Early", @cell)), NOT(CONTAINS("DNP", @cell)))))

I apologize for not understanding. See if this is what you meant. If it doesn't work, please tell me what it is not doing

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Shannon Lacerda

Try this

=COUNTIFS([Current Status]:[Current Status], AND(@cell<>"", NOT(CONTAINS("Early", @cell)), NOT(CONTAINS("DNP", @cell))))

cheers

• Shannon Lacerda
    Options

@KDM thanks,

can you help me with this, I need to same parameter as the last formula to help count column.

=COUNTIFS([GNG 1 Status]1:[GNG 1 Status]80, ([Current Status]:[Current Status], AND(@cell <> "", NOT(CONTAINS("Early", @cell)), NOT(CONTAINS("DNP", @cell)))))

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To clarify, we're replacing the [Current Status] column with the [GNG 1 Status] column, but keeping all of the same criteria? Also, I removed the row references in the range- unless you are specifically calling out that range of row1-row80 we can use the whole column reference instead.

=COUNTIFS([GNG 1 Status]:[GNG 1 Status], AND(@cell <> "", NOT(CONTAINS("Early", @cell)), NOT(CONTAINS("DNP", @cell)))))

If this isn't what you need, let me know what I misunderstood and we can tweak it.

• Shannon Lacerda
    Options

I need to add up column (GNG Status) but not include the ones that have Early or DNP in the same row.

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did the above return the expected values?

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Oh, or do you mean contains GNG? or Completed, as well as the first criteria? Change the word to fit your conditions.

=COUNTIFS([GNG 1 Status]:[GNG 1 Status], CONTAINS("Completed"@cell), [Current Status]:[Current Status], AND(@cell <> "", NOT(CONTAINS("Early", @cell)), NOT(CONTAINS("DNP", @cell)))))

I apologize for not understanding. See if this is what you meant. If it doesn't work, please tell me what it is not doing

• Shannon Lacerda
    Options

@KDM Thanks that worked 👍️

• Shannon Lacerda
    Options

@KDM so sorry to bother you again,

I have another one, this time I WANT to include the RFP, LOST, WON aspects of the Row, I dont get an error, but I just get a 0. which I know is wrong

=COUNTIFS([GNG 2 Status]:[GNG 2 Status], CONTAINS("Completed", @cell), [Current Status]:[Current Status], AND(@cell <> "", (CONTAINS("RFP", @cell)), (CONTAINS("LOST", @cell)), (CONTAINS("WON", @cell))))

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Shannon Lacerda

Sorry I didn't see this post last night, and it's no bother.

Now we need to switch to an OR function.

=COUNTIFS([GNG 2 Status]:[GNG 2 Status], CONTAINS("Completed", @cell), [Current Status]:[Current Status], OR(CONTAINS("RFP", @cell), CONTAINS("LOST", @cell), CONTAINS("WON", @cell)))

Does this return the correct value?

cheers,

Kelly

• Shannon Lacerda
    Options

@KDM Thank you that worked! :)

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Always glad to help. Let me know if there's anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!