SUMIFS Formula Returning 0

Hi,

I am doing a simple SUMIFS formula that is returning zero instead of the actual sum. Just for reference, the numbers in January's column are manually entered. The zero in February is where I am testing my formula. I have rearranged this formula so many times and it still returns zero instead of the $585.

=SUMIFS([Grand Total-SUM-Charge Amount]:[Grand Total-SUM-Charge Amount], Month:Month, 1, Rows:Rows, "Commercial Supplier")

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

Best Answer

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Darla,

With the criteria you have listed in your SUMIFS formula, it's looking for rows that have the month listed as 1 AND the Rows listed as Commercial Supplier. Because there is no month entered in the parent row (where Commercial Supplier is listed), it's not going to find anything to sum. Does that make sense?

You would need to enter Commercial Supplier in the Rows column, in the 2nd row shown, in order for the formula to work as you have it listed.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Heather

Answers

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Darla,

With the criteria you have listed in your SUMIFS formula, it's looking for rows that have the month listed as 1 AND the Rows listed as Commercial Supplier. Because there is no month entered in the parent row (where Commercial Supplier is listed), it's not going to find anything to sum. Does that make sense?

You would need to enter Commercial Supplier in the Rows column, in the 2nd row shown, in order for the formula to work as you have it listed.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Heather

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers

Gotcha. So this is a Pivot sheet I think I may need to redesign. Thanks

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!