Report Builder Changed

Has anyone had any issues with the new report builder? You used to be able build a report by selecting a folder of source sheets. Now you have to add them each time you put a new sheet in your folder. You can, however, select a workspace and you dont have to select any new sheets each time but what if you only want to report out on the sheets in the folder level?

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @J Haugland

Hope you are fine, as i know when you try to build new report you select 1 or more sheet by open the workspace then the folder to select the sheets you want to add. is this what you mean or i didn't understand your question 😉

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• I want the report to select all sheets in a folder. When you build the report, you can select the folder. But if you add a sheet to the folder, the report still only displays the sheets that were in the folder when you built it. Not all folder items as selected when the report was built.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @J Haugland

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now to have a folder update dynamically and wasn't before either, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

As a possible workaround, you could as you've mentioned use a Workspace instead.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.