PIVOT - Missing mapped column(s): function

Anupriya
Anupriya ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I am getting an error while running my pivots. This happened with both new and already working pivot workflows.

Has anyone else faced this issue? The logs are also not too helpful.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Anupriya

Based on this error message, it looks like one of your columns that was mapped in the original set-up of the Pivot configuration has either been deleted or renamed. The original column was called "Function".

I would check your Pivot configuration to see exactly where a column with this name is mapped.

To do so, click on the small gear icon to the right of the Pivot name. This should open a pop-up window to the second tab: "2. Assign Columns". Find the column called "Function" and remove it from the configuration. See: Create a Pivot Sheet

If you can confirm that there is no column called "Function" within the set-up of your Pivot configuration, then you may want to contact Smartsheet Support and provide them with full screen captures (of your source sheet and all the tabs in the Edit window) so they can troubleshoot with you in a private setting.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Anupriya

Based on this error message, it looks like one of your columns that was mapped in the original set-up of the Pivot configuration has either been deleted or renamed. The original column was called "Function".

I would check your Pivot configuration to see exactly where a column with this name is mapped.

To do so, click on the small gear icon to the right of the Pivot name. This should open a pop-up window to the second tab: "2. Assign Columns". Find the column called "Function" and remove it from the configuration. See: Create a Pivot Sheet

If you can confirm that there is no column called "Function" within the set-up of your Pivot configuration, then you may want to contact Smartsheet Support and provide them with full screen captures (of your source sheet and all the tabs in the Edit window) so they can troubleshoot with you in a private setting.

Cheers!

Genevieve