Sheet Summary Formula

Options

Asking for help again with a formula. I need to create a formula in Sheet Summary that rolls up how many participants from each of the 10 columns above attended which "Program Type." Program Type is a dropdown. For context: How many Blue Ridge participants attended "PSUDS ECHO."

Wondering if the structure of the sheet is not the best for this.

Thanks for the help!

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Kayla Rice ,

Your formula to do this, using your example, would be:

=SUMIF([Program type]:[program type],  "PSUDS ECHO", [blue ridge]:[blue ridge]

You'll need a formula for each combination of column and program.

It may be easier for you to create a report. Grouping and totaling may get you a display that works.

Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Kayla Rice ,

Your formula to do this, using your example, would be:

=SUMIF([Program type]:[program type],  "PSUDS ECHO", [blue ridge]:[blue ridge]

You'll need a formula for each combination of column and program.

It may be easier for you to create a report. Grouping and totaling may get you a display that works.

Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Kayla Rice
    Options

@Mark Cronk Thank you! This is helpful. And you are right that a report worked better for my needs. I was able to use grouping to get at what I needed. Thanks!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Glad you found a solution. Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Mark

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!