Purchasing Request Form in Smartsheet

Options

I want to produce a purchase request form in Smartsheet and I'd like to bounce a few ideas off the community. Please see the attached sample of what's used now.

Originally, I was hoping to use Document Generator to map the fields of a fillable pdf to a Smartsheet grid and then have people fill in this PDF to populate the Smartsheet. If I understand correctly however, data only flows one way from Smartsheet to the PDF and not vice versa. Can you confirm?

I could possibly create a form in Smartsheet, but it would certainly not look as presentable as this Excel sheet does. Are there any other mapping solutions to produce a form similar to this for people to fill out?

Are there any APIs (like Zapier) that might have similar functionality to what I am seeking?

How do other purchasing teams utilize Smartsheet?

Any advice you have would be truly appreciated. Thanks.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Nick Allgauer ,

Document generator is 1 way - data from Smartsheets into Acrobat.

The only Smartsheets solution for this is a form. Your customers would use the form for input. You could then use the document generator to create a better looking form to send them as confirmation.

Lots of innovative users in the Community. Someone may have another solution.

Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.