Order Form Automation

I have the following problem when creating an order form. The user has to enter in the form his requester name and a project number and other order data. Depending on the project, a different project manager is stored in a project list. The project manager has to check the respective order of a user and if necessary approve or reject it. I am aware of the fact that you can create a workflow and store corresponding email addresses. My problem is that the person who can release an order changes depending on the project, i.e. I can't store them in the workflow. When I look at smartsheets, it is not possible to search for the project manager in another sheet with a project number that was entered in the form, and then automatically enter this as the email recipient for the order request in the workflow.

Smartsheets probably assumes that the same recipients always issue a release per form. However, this is not possible for many projects. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks

Andy

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @[email protected]

I hope you're well and safe!

You could do a lookup on the sheet after the form has been submitted.

You'd use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:[email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!