Create graph to show actual spend versus projected spend towards 100% complete

Options

I have the information above and want to show a graph that indicates the health of the spend in a different colour in the same bar.

My graph if I select the two neighbouring cells (in my case actual vs projected) then the vertical axis sums the values of the two cells and the bar column now shows an ever increasing bar height, rather than one value growing towards 100% complete

is it possible

Thanks

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you able to provide a screenshot of how you have your data in the sheet and what the graph currently looks like?

• Ben Jackson
    Options

FYI folks - these figures are not in dollars - if they were, I would be surfing right now

Anyway, I want to find a way to to show projected versus actual for all Sub sections, and playing around with settings to best allow that

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm trying to visualize what you are wanting the graph to look like. Hand drawn, different program, whatever the case may be... Are you able to provide a mock-up of how the graph SHOULD look based on the above data?

We are most likely going to be setting up a metrics sheet to pull some of this data into a different layout that better supports graphing, but the end goal is going to determine how we need things laid out and if we need to manipulate any of the data.

I do understand wanting to show a % vs an actual amount. Setting that up will take a little creativity but is definitely possible.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!