Dashboard Widget show only Current User information

Options
latheobald89201
latheobald89201 ✭✭✭
edited 03/24/21 in Formulas and Functions

I am wondering if there is a way to set up a Metric or Chart in Dashboard that will show only the data that applies to the current user.

Example: Metric Widget is set up to show all lines on a sheet that are open vs lines that are closed for a team of 7.

Is there a way that the chart would just show Team member 1 the metric's that apply only to them etc?

This chart shows all team members.

Thanks

Tags:

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @latheobald89201

Hope you are fine, this feature is avalible on the report & report widget in the dashboard only as i know please reade the following article it will help you to understand how you can do it.

Control Widget Content When Source Is From a Report

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @latheobald89201

I hope you're well and safe!

What is the reason that you want to show in that way? Security, Convenience, or something else?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• latheobald89201
    Options

@Andrée Starå This would allow my staff to see how many open items they have on a work list. By having to do this through the report option on the Dashboard means showing the actual report on the dashboard. Its become very cluttered. Pick below. My idea would be to put on the dashboard you have X open items and Y closed items in this category so they know there are items to be processed.

Below is a snapshot of the current state of my dashboard. This is a repository for lots of information and we are using it as a work production site. What is coming and going. The 4 boxes in the lower section of this image could be replaced with a metric of open or closed items and since you cant actually change the data right here on the dashboard you have to go to the report to make any changes clicking on the metric chart would open the corresponding report. Seems like a cleaner way to make up the dashboard less down scrolling. Which is why Im trying to get away from showing reports here.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!