Conditional Formating based on Time of the day

Options

@Paul Newcome

Hey Paul, I was following some of your threads for Formulas with time, and I found one that has been really helpful. But there it seems to be something off.

I found your answer under the question "Calculating time worked for Employees". But the formula doesn't work well when you are adding minutes to a late AM hour, that will transform to PM. (line 2-5 from my example below).

I need to highlight the column '3PL PO to System", if the time elapsed is more than 30 minutes after "Time Request is recorded"

Time Request: Manual Entry

Max time: Manual Entry and standard to 30 min.

End:

=IF(VALUE(LEFT([Time Request]@row, FIND(":", [Time Request]@row) - 1)) <> 12, IF(CONTAINS("p", [Time Request]@row), 12), IF(CONTAINS("a", [Time Request]@row), -12)) + VALUE(LEFT([Time Request]@row, FIND(":", [Time Request]@row) - 1)) + (VALUE(MID([Time Request]@row, FIND(":", [Time Request]@row) + 1, 2)) / 60) + ([max time elapsed]1 / 60)

End time:

=MOD(INT(End@row), 12) + ":" + IF((End@row - INT(End@row)) * 60 < 10, "0") + (End@row - INT(End@row)) * 60 + IF(End@row >= 12, "pm", "am")

F1:

=IF([3PL PO to System]@row = "", "", IF([3PL PO to System]@row >= ([End time]@row), 1, 0))

3PL PO to System: Manual Entry

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here is my suggestion:

Use this to convert the Time Request:

=IF(VALUE(LEFT([Time Request]@row, FIND(":", [Time Request]@row) - 1)) <> 12, IF(CONTAINS("p", [Time Request]@row), 12), IF(CONTAINS("a", [Time Request]@row), -12)) + VALUE(LEFT([Time Request]@row, FIND(":", [Time Request]@row) - 1)) + (VALUE(MID([Time Request]@row, FIND(":", [Time Request]@row) + 1, 2)) / 60)

Then use the same formula to calculate the End as you are doing.

Then compare these two numbers.

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!