Countif in multi select cell

Options

Hi I would appreciae some help please

I need a formula the will total the number of enquiries in a column named status that has several other options in the multi select box but from 31/12/20 as opposed to giving me the total for the last 5 years!

Thanks

Answers

• David Fiorino
    Options

Are the values in the multi-select integers or strings? I am trying to understand if you need to sum values if they fall within a date range or if you are trying to count the number of times a selection appears within a date range. A sample table screenshot would be helpful.

• Ashley Ryder
    Options

Hi David

Thanks for picking this up I will try and capture one later when back at work but its basically a column named status with a lot of options in it that can be selected that shows the progress of enquiries we get. what i want to do is sum the total number of times from 31/12/20 that the option "enquiry" but not count other selected options,once i can get that to work i can then substitue the word enquiry for other options to give me an overview from 31/12 - today etc.

Thanks for your help

• Ashley Ryder
    Options

Further to my last post this formula works fine for all entrys but i want it to only give me a total from 31/12/20 i.e. year to date 2021

=COUNTIFS(Status:Status, CONTAINS("enquiry", @cell))

any help much appreciated

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!