Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Getting the Top 10 Largest Values

Hello! I was wondering if there is a formula where I can generate a top largest values based on my data. Like for example, I want to get the top 10 largest Man Hour with their Employee Names listed.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi Alphonso,

There isn't a way to retrieve exactly 10 results from a formula or other functionality in Smartsheet. With that being said, you might try either applying a filter to your sheet that will show you results greater than a certain value, or creating a report that gives you results greater than a certain value. You can then sort the report to see the highest man hours.

• Hi Alphonso,

There isn't a way to retrieve exactly 10 results from a formula or other functionality in Smartsheet. With that being said, you might try either applying a filter to your sheet that will show you results greater than a certain value, or creating a report that gives you results greater than a certain value. You can then sort the report to see the highest man hours.

• Hello Shane,

Thank you for your reply,

My goal to have it as a dynamic data (results depending on the daily gathered information) so by the time I entered man hour daily, it will give me the top 10 employees who has the largest man hour consumed on that specific month and put the generated top 10 to my smartsheet sights for information. Is there any formula I could use to get the result?

Thanks.

• Regarding the reports that you have mentioned, I think it is the better way to use aside from making complex formulas. So I'm gonna try what you have suggested.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.