When will we be able to link QR codes to a particular line within a spreadsheet?

We have an existing sheet at my company (that has already been implemented) which contains all of the work orders we are working on. Multiple departments work from this same sheet during the day. I'd like to apply QR codes to the documents we generate within the spreadsheet (e.g. hard copy work orders, production reports etc) so that they may be quickly scanned and linked back directly to the correct line of the spreadsheet. There may be several QR codes on each work order and it would really streamline the admin team's work (inside) along with my production team's work (outside) by eliminating all of the mouse clicks, keystrokes, searches etc when opening up the spreadsheet. The QR code could be scanned from the document and take the user directly to the line or cell they need to file that document in (via smartphone, tablet or desktop).

Answers

• Hey @Adam Chance,

I am happy to tell you that it is possible to scan a QR code and have that redirect you to a specific Sheet/Row within the Smartsheet Mobile App (assuming this has been installed on your device).

First, you will want to grab the Row Link in the Sheet by Right Clicking on the Row Number then selecting Properties:

Use this Row Link URL with your QR Code generator. Once this has been created, you should be able to scan the QR Code with your mobile device, then be redirected to the specific Row within the Sheet.

Please note, Smartsheet does not have a built in QR Code generator, but you may submit an Enhancement Request via this form for our Product Team to consider for development. We appreciate your input!

I hope this helps!

Jaykel

• narora
    narora ✭✭

@Jaykel Torres Thanks for your comment on row link URL, It was very useful.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!