How do I show all data in a cell when Generating a Document rather than just the first line?

Options

Hi,

Hope I can explain this clearly.

When I Generate a Document it only shows the first line of the cell it's been mapped to like this

However often the data in some of our cells are longer than just the first row. For example

I am needing to have all data in the mapped cell showing on the generated document.

Are we able to do this? If so, can somebody please assist?

Regards

Rachel

Best Answers

• Jen Lange
    Jen Lange ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Rachel Culpan , have you applied wrap text to the column in the sheet? My exports to Excel and PDF, as well as the format in associated reports and dashboards, show the full cell content if I have applied Wrap.

I hope this works well for you.

-Jen

If you appreciate my response, please recognize the effort with an "Insightful" or "Vote Up" selection. Thanks!

• Neil Watson
    Neil Watson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Rachel Culpan this attribute is set when you create the PDF itself. I use Adobe Acrobat and I have to both make sure the text box is the appropriate size and also that the "Multi-line" option is selected so that the text wraps.

Answers

• Jen Lange
    Jen Lange ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Rachel Culpan , have you applied wrap text to the column in the sheet? My exports to Excel and PDF, as well as the format in associated reports and dashboards, show the full cell content if I have applied Wrap.

I hope this works well for you.

-Jen

If you appreciate my response, please recognize the effort with an "Insightful" or "Vote Up" selection. Thanks!

• Neil Watson
    Neil Watson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Rachel Culpan this attribute is set when you create the PDF itself. I use Adobe Acrobat and I have to both make sure the text box is the appropriate size and also that the "Multi-line" option is selected so that the text wraps.

• Rachel Culpan
    Options

@Jen Lange and @Neil Watson thank you so much, I did both and now I can generate the document with all the information.

The wrap does expand the row rather than having nice neat 1 line per row but that is being greedy.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!