Update request to a typed email address

I've got a form that drops info into a sheet, including a contact list. Right now, I've got several users plugged in to the field option, with automation sending them an update request when they get assigned a task. I need to be able to have a user type an email address in, and send that individual an update request. I'm running into a problem though- I can make the "send to" use the field with a typed email, but I can't set the condition to only send with a specific person being typed in.

In other words, I want a user to type an email address, and only that person receives the update request.

Tags:

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @dradzanowski 

Hope you are fine, you can create a helper column to add the user email that you want to send the Email to him only and create a workflow to send this update request with the condition that using check box or check the user.

Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!