Can I display the results of a formula on a form?

I am asking my teammates to fill out a form to start a new quote request. Currently, my sheet includes a formula that returns a product name once the base model number is selected. Some of my teammates are more familiar with the model names and when filling out a form, I'd like them to be able to double check their info while entering the data and confirm they chose the correct model number. i.e. I'd like them to be able to choose Model Number 1, and have the form display Model Name 1 right underneath it. Is this possible?

Thanks

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Byron Hu

Hope you are fine, Unfortunately, this feature is not currently available. You can submit a Smartsheet Product Enhancement Requests using this form.

but you can workaround as following.

you can create an update request workflow sent to the user who submits the form shows the model number he selects and the product name that the formula populate so if it's ok he select a check box helper column to approve else he changes the model number to the correct one then check the check box.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Byron Hu

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Depending on the number of different products, you could use the conditional logic
    • Another option would be to embed the form in a Portal with the list of products on one side and the form on the other.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Byron Hu

You are welcome and I will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• I am in need of the same function. Is the ability to display the results of a formula on a form available. I'm hopeful since it's been over a year.

Thank you

• I too am currently in need of the same function. I have created a form for users to track and calculate points and I need the "Total Points" field that is formatted to add the number of points entered in other fields to be displayed while users are making entries. Is this a feature that will be made available in the foreseeable future? Can anyone suggest a workaround/alternative in the meantime?

• Kim Shaddix
    Kim Shaddix ✭✭✭

I would love to be able to include a formula function in a form. If the submitter enters a date for a project start that is less than a week away from the current date - I have a formula that gives them an alert - but I don't know how to make the alert populate on the form - since I can't include it on the form. Any ideas?

• I need the option to show in a form a column with a formula. Not edit it, just show it.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!