Bid Sheet

I was able to set up a bid sheet, where vendors of mine are able to add pricing to a list of items and have that information flow over to a master sheet.

The problem is I need to do this each week.

Is there a way to archive the previous files and start with a blank template automatically each week?

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Adam,

You could use automation to move all rows to another sheet at a given time each week. That will leave your base sheet blank for the next set of entries. If you don't have it I'd add a date column to indicate the date the entry was made or the week it became active. When you move rows to an archive sheet you'll be able to use that date to reconstruct past weeks without putting each week into it's own archive.

Make sense?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Adam,

You could use automation to move all rows to another sheet at a given time each week. That will leave your base sheet blank for the next set of entries. If you don't have it I'd add a date column to indicate the date the entry was made or the week it became active. When you move rows to an archive sheet you'll be able to use that date to reconstruct past weeks without putting each week into it's own archive.

Make sense?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• That does make sense. Thank you very much for your help.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Adam, Let me know if you need to find an alternate solution. Happy to help. Please accept an answer to close the discussion when you're ready.

Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Mark

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!