SUMIF(Reference Sheet) YTD

Good evening, I have been battling this one for a few days and think its time to ask for help...

The goal is to SUMIF a column from another sheet is within YTD. This is where I am with it:

=SUMIF({Reference_Sheet_Column_A}, {Same_Reference_Sheet_Diff_Column_With_Dates}@cell, AND(@cell >= DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), 1, 1), @cell <= TODAY()))

Any help is appreciated

Best Answer

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/17/21 Answer ✓

Assuming {Reference_Sheet_Column_A} is what you're trying to add, then try...

=SUMIF({Same_Reference_Sheet_Diff_Column_With_Dates}, AND(@cell >= DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), 1, 1), @cell <= TODAY()), {Reference_Sheet_Column_A})

The syntax for SUMIF() is SUMIF( range, criterion, [ sum_range]).

In the formula above:

• The range to evaluate is {Same_Reference_Sheet_Diff_Column_With_Dates}.
    • The criterion is AND(@cell >= DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), 1, 1), @cell <= TODAY()) .
    • The range to sum is {Reference_Sheet_Column_A} .

Answers

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/17/21 Answer ✓

Assuming {Reference_Sheet_Column_A} is what you're trying to add, then try...

=SUMIF({Same_Reference_Sheet_Diff_Column_With_Dates}, AND(@cell >= DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), 1, 1), @cell <= TODAY()), {Reference_Sheet_Column_A})

The syntax for SUMIF() is SUMIF( range, criterion, [ sum_range]).

In the formula above:

• The range to evaluate is {Same_Reference_Sheet_Diff_Column_With_Dates}.
    • The criterion is AND(@cell >= DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), 1, 1), @cell <= TODAY()) .
    • The range to sum is {Reference_Sheet_Column_A} .

• J Smith
    J Smith ✭✭✭✭

Oh wow, I had it backwards! Thank you so much. I did have to make a few tweaks, but it worked!

=SUMIF({Source_Sheet_With_Dates}, AND(@cell >= DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), 1, 1), (@cell <= TODAY())), {Same_Sheet_Column_to_Sum})

This exact formula worked

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!