Find the unique dates from a sheet AND display them from oldest date

Options
Frank S.
Frank S. ✭✭✭✭✭✭

From a previous post I can find all of the unique dates from a sheet within the last 45 days. My problem is that the dates are not listed from oldest to newest, so when I add this information to a dashboard it does not display correctly.

Here is the formula I'm using: =IFERROR(INDEX(DISTINCT(COLLECT({Column 1}, {Column 1}, AND(ISDATE(@cell), @cell >= TODAY(-45)))), [Row #]@row), "")

This is the result:

2 05/10/21 1

1 05/06/21 1

3 05/12/21 1

5 06/09/21 2

4 06/01/21 1

6 06/04/21 1

7 06/11/21 1

What can I do so the dates are from oldest to newest?

Frank Smith, PMP

Assistant Director | IT Special Projects Mgr.

Oregon Parks & Recreation Department

If my response helps, please mark it as an accepted answer. 😎

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Frank,

Does it correct if you sort the sheet by the date oldest to newest? It should join in order.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Frank,

Does it correct if you sort the sheet by the date oldest to newest? It should join in order.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Frank S.
    Frank S. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think I found the issue, there was a filter on the column and you can not sort a column with a filter. Once I removed the filter it seems to be working correctly.

Frank Smith, PMP

Assistant Director | IT Special Projects Mgr.

Oregon Parks & Recreation Department

If my response helps, please mark it as an accepted answer. 😎

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Excellent. Glad you found a solution. Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Mark

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!