Count if Column has a date

Options

I'm trying to build a ship status sheet and use the sheet summary to give me a count if a certain column has a date.

something like: =COUNTIF([Estimated Ship Date]12:[Estimated Ship Date]22, (ISDATE(, "1", "0"))

but all i can seem to get is UNPARSABLE

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

=COUNTIFS([Estimated Ship Date]12:[Estimated Ship Date]22, ISDATE(@cell))

I believe the above gives you your count for that specific date range. As written, you will have to manually update if the range changes. Inserting other criteria in your COUNTIFS statement could provide a means of keeping your range dynamic, thus eliminating the need for manual intervention. If there is additional criteria and you need help with the syntax, give the community another shout.

cheers,

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

=COUNTIFS([Estimated Ship Date]12:[Estimated Ship Date]22, ISDATE(@cell))

I believe the above gives you your count for that specific date range. As written, you will have to manually update if the range changes. Inserting other criteria in your COUNTIFS statement could provide a means of keeping your range dynamic, thus eliminating the need for manual intervention. If there is additional criteria and you need help with the syntax, give the community another shout.

cheers,

Kelly

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!