Formula Help

I am trying to return a symbol with my IF formula, using the symbol "title" as the value. My formula keeps returning "unparseable" any advice??? its a zero to five star symbol based on a different cells value that changes with a form for rating.

=IF([Average Rating]2<0.5, "Empty", IF([Average Rating]2<1.5, "One", IF([Average Rating]2<2.5, "Two", IF([Average Rating]2<3.5, "Three", IF([Average Rating]2<4.5 "Four", IF([Average Rating]2=<5, "Five"))))))

Best Answer

• Alex Argumedo
    Alex Argumedo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Hello,

I think the formula has only a few typos, but the logic is good, I tried to fix it:

=IF([Column18]@row < 0.5, "Empty", IF([Column18]@row < 1.5, "One", IF([Column18]@row < 2.5, "Two", IF([Column18]@row < 3.5, "Three", IF([Column18]@row < 4.5, "Four", IF([Column18]@row = <5, "Five", ""))))))

Answers

• AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯
    AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Aaron Saunders

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.Β (share too,Β andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

βœ…Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Aaron Saunders
    Aaron Saunders ✭✭

This is what i am working with:

the average rating column is a SUMIFS/COUNTIFS formula pulling information from a different sheet that serves as a numerical rating sheet for some LinkedIn Learning courses we are reccomending to our staff. As shown above, the average rating formula pulls the number. I thin tried to write an IF formula above to return a symbol of 0-5 stars based on the rating. For this symbol, "Empty"=0, "One"=1 and so on. So my If formula was supposed to be if the value in the rating cell is less than 0.5 it would return "Empty", if less than 1.5 it would be "One" up to being less than or equal to 5 it would then be "Five" provided it was also greater than 4.5.

• Alex Argumedo
    Alex Argumedo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Hello,

I think the formula has only a few typos, but the logic is good, I tried to fix it:

=IF([Column18]@row < 0.5, "Empty", IF([Column18]@row < 1.5, "One", IF([Column18]@row < 2.5, "Two", IF([Column18]@row < 3.5, "Three", IF([Column18]@row < 4.5, "Four", IF([Column18]@row = <5, "Five", ""))))))

• AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯
    AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Aaron Saunders

I saw that Alex answered already!

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Best,

AndrΓ©eΒ 

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!