Formula/Function for drop-down menu items

Ok, so here is the scenario.

I am trying if at all possible to calculate a total for some drop-down menu prices and produce a total for the items that are selected in the right-hand "Total" column.

I'm new to Smartsheet and going in circles trying to find a solution if there is one.

Here is a screenshot:

Thank you in advance for any info.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Craig Rushworth

Hope you are fine, i advise you to design your application in a different method because it's too complicated to calculate the sum of the prices from a text in multi dropdown menu selection.

you can use instead of that a separate sheet contains 2 columns one for the product and the other for the prices and collect the prices to your main sheet by using functions like Index & Vlookup.

if you like i can help you to design your application appropriately please call me:

My Email: Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Craig Rushworth

I hope you're well and safe!

Interesting.

I think it would be possible to structure a solution, but maybe it would be better to have a separated pricelist that matches the selections.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!