Leave Remaining Formula

2»

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You have an extra parenthesis tucked in after the [Days Out] column reference (first range in the SUMIFS function). Try this with it removed...

=INDEX({Employee Information Range 5}, MATCH([Primary]@row, {Employee}, 0)) - SUMIFS([Days Out]:[Days Out], [Date Request Submitted]:[Date Request Submitted], @cell <= [Date Request Submitted]@row, [Primary]:[Primary], @cell = [Primary]@row, [Supervisor approval]:[Supervisor approval], @cell = "Approved")

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Michelle Maas
    Michelle Maas ✭✭✭✭

Okay that's great, it has removed the error. Now I want it to calculate correctly. Seems to be a step by step process but we're getting closer! 😃

{Employee Information Range 5} = Total Annual Leave column = 25

1st request (Days Out = 4) should be 21, 2nd request (Days Out = 1) should be 20, then as each new request comes in, the Remaining Leave is reduced by the Days Out column.

Calculation for 1st request is showing as Remaining Leave = 20 and if I copy formula down, 2nd request is also 20. How do I fix this?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What are the dates in the Submission Date column?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• Michelle Maas
    Michelle Maas ✭✭✭✭

They vary as they are the date that the request has been made.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I understand they will vary because of when the submission is made, but it seems as if it is either not registering the dates in the formula or the dates are the same for the specific rows you mentioned in your last post. What are the dates in those rows you are referring to where there is an issue?

10xViz.com

• Michelle Maas
    Michelle Maas ✭✭✭✭

The system adds the dates with the time i.e. 17/06/21 17:23. Yeah some of the dates are the same.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The rows that have the same output... Are they for the same person and submitted on the same date?

10xViz.com

• Michelle Maas
    Michelle Maas ✭✭✭✭

No, different people

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I thought you were trying to calculate for each person?

In your comment here:

"1st request (Days Out = 4) should be 21, 2nd request (Days Out = 1) should be 20, then as each new request comes in, the Remaining Leave is reduced by the Days Out column.

Calculation for 1st request is showing as Remaining Leave = 20 and if I copy formula down, 2nd request is also 20. How do I fix this?"

Is that for the same person, or for different people? If for different people, is it a "shared" total amount of time?

10xViz.com

• Michelle Maas
    Michelle Maas ✭✭✭✭

Yes, the calculation is per employee. No one shares their annual leave. 😅

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok. So in this comment here...

"1st request (Days Out = 4) should be 21, 2nd request (Days Out = 1) should be 20, then as each new request comes in, the Remaining Leave is reduced by the Days Out column.

Are those two rows for the same person or different people and are they submitted on the same date or different dates?

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!