Countifs, multiple ranges and criteria coming back wrong.

I am attempting to count all projects with 4 different criteria, each criteria is under a separate column. I am using the formula below is for some reason it is coming back with 1 more than in the sheet.

After I find this total count I am also trying to count out of those projects how many for completed and again its off by 23.

Formula #1: =COUNTIFS({Fuze Data Hub Range 3}, "2021", {Fuze Data Hub Range 4}, CONTAINS("5G NR", @cell), {Fuze Data Hub Range 5}, "SMALL-CELL", {Fuze Data Hub Range 6}, "Initial Build")

Formula #2 (how many complete: =COUNTIFS({Fuze Data Hub Range 3}, "2021", {Fuze Data Hub Range 4}, CONTAINS("5G NR", @cell), {Fuze Data Hub Range 5}, "SMALL-CELL", {Fuze Data Hub Range 6}, "Initial Build", {Fuze Data Hub Range 7}, <>"")

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is it possible that the data in this range {Fuze Data Hub Range 4} can have two different entries the contain "5G NR" such as on that is "5G NR" and another that is "5G NRA"?

Try creating a filter on the source sheet that replicates your range/criteria sets and see which rows are pulled. That may give you a clue as to why the numbers are off.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!