Customizable Subject Line for Automated Alert

Good Morning Smartsheets Community!

• I have a stupid question that I am pretty sure I know the answer to, but just in case I wanted to reach out and check. Does anyone know, how customizable is the subject line of an automated alert? For example, below is a screen shot of the automated e-mail that gets sent out when a new project has been approved in our company. I'm curious if the subject line can be pull in certain fields off of my grid/sheet? So if it's a project that is specific by customer that we are doing the project could it pull in Customer Name, Category, Project Approval Notification. Example: THD Cabinet Hardware Project Approval Notification

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It is as customizable as the body of the message. You can include {{Placeholder}} in both to pull data directly from the sheet based on whichever row triggered the Automation.

So if your sheet has a column called "Client Name" and the data within the row that triggered the alert is "ABC Company", then you would set up your Subject Line like this:

"New Request From {{Company Name}}"

and then the email that is generated from the ABC Company row will have a subject line of:

"New Request From ABC Company"

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It is as customizable as the body of the message. You can include {{Placeholder}} in both to pull data directly from the sheet based on whichever row triggered the Automation.

So if your sheet has a column called "Client Name" and the data within the row that triggered the alert is "ABC Company", then you would set up your Subject Line like this:

"New Request From {{Company Name}}"

and then the email that is generated from the ABC Company row will have a subject line of:

"New Request From ABC Company"

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!