how?

I am trying to add multiple columns with certain criteria, but I get a 0 and no the actual answer. The formula I am using is

=COUNTIFS({1. Tech Sonic All Incident Summary Range 1}, {1. Tech Sonic All Incident Summary Range 2}, {1. Tech Sonic All Incident Summary Range 3}, {1. Tech Sonic All Incident Summary Range 4}, {1. Tech Sonic All Incident Summary Range 5}, "14. Under Influence of Alcohol and or other Drugs")

Answers

• Leibel S
    Leibel S ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Sandra Rogers

2 options:

1. Change the cross sheet reference to include all the columns you want to count (This can only be done if they are next to each other). the formula would then be =COUNTIFS({1. Tech Sonic All Incident Summary Range all columns}, "14. Under Influence of Alcohol and or other Drugs")
    2. Add additional COUNTIFS formulas: =COUNTIFS({1. Tech Sonic All Incident Summary Range 1}, "14. Under Influence of Alcohol and or other Drugs") +COUNTIFS( {1. Tech Sonic All Incident Summary Range 2}, "14. Under Influence of Alcohol and or other Drugs") +COUNTIFS({1. Tech Sonic All Incident Summary Range 3}, "14. Under Influence of Alcohol and or other Drugs") +COUNTIFS( {1. Tech Sonic All Incident Summary Range 4},"14. Under Influence of Alcohol and or other Drugs") +COUNTIFS( {1. Tech Sonic All Incident Summary Range 5}, "14. Under Influence of Alcohol and or other Drugs")
  • I tried it and it didn't work.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

When you say that it didn't work, are you getting an incorrect count, or are you getting an error?

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the formula within the sheet as well as copy/paste the exact formula directly from the sheet to here similar to the below?

=IFERROR(DATE(YEAR([\[FPI/Start-Up End\]]@row), MONTH([\[FPI/Start-Up End\]]@row) - 3, DAY([\[FPI/Start-Up End\]]@row)), DATE(YEAR([\[FPI/Start-Up End\]]@row) - 1, MONTH([\[FPI/Start-Up End\]]@row) + 9, DAY([\[FPI/Start-Up End\]]@row)))

• I get a 0 and in the sheet where I am trying to calulate there is 1.

• I got it to work! thank you so much!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!