Re-uploading of attachments through forms and document control

Options

Hi, my team uses a smartsheet form as an internal review process and uploads the PDF through the form for review, it is then either accepted, or declined whereby the reviewer would attach the file with REVEWL1-DOCNAME through the form. The author can then download the PDF and action the modifications to the document based off the comments. When the author re-uploads the file, the list off attached files will be

DOCNAME (newest file)

REVIEWL1-DOCNAME

DOCNAME (original upload)

My question is there some way of automating the upload new revision through the forms? I.E. they upload a file, you make your comments and when they re-upload the new updated version the form automatically updates to R2 as the file name is identical and deletes the line item of the original upload and removes the risk of that document being used? Alternatively you can manually delete the older versions, but this is a laborious manual task.

Cheers

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Hugh Searles

I hope you're well and safe!

If you upload the file with the same name to the Sheet or a specific row, it will automatically be added as a new version, but you can still see the old ones.

I'd recommend using an Update Request instead if it's on a row, or you could maybe use the proofing feature if you have access to it.

What do you think?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!