need for caching a formula before sending

Hi, we created a more extensive formula and our employees asked for the possibility to cache the formula in order to input further data to a later point in time. Would that be possible ?

Best Answer

• Joerg Schmidt
    Joerg Schmidt ✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Hi, sorry. I changed the word "formula" with "form"

I meant "form"

and I found solution by setting an automated process after sending form, the sender will receive an email in order to complete form.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. But anyway it would be nice to have a "cache" function. ;-)

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @JΓΆrg Schmidt Novum Hospitality

Hope you are fine, did you mean Postponing the activation of the formula until a later time, if so yes you can do that by removing the "=" from the start of the formula and it will be stored as as a text in the same cell.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Joerg Schmidt
    Joerg Schmidt ✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Hi, sorry. I changed the word "formula" with "form"

I meant "form"

and I found solution by setting an automated process after sending form, the sender will receive an email in order to complete form.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. But anyway it would be nice to have a "cache" function. ;-)

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JΓΆrg Schmidt Novum HospitalityΒ 

Excellent, i will be happy to help you any time. Have a nice day.Please help the Community by marking it as anΒ ( Accepted Answer)

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!