Show ONLY Tasks in a Date Range

Is there any formula and/or filter that will enable me to show only the tasks that are scheduled to happen during a particular 3 week time frame, much like a 3 week lookahead. I want to show tasks that, during the time frame, have the following criteria.

• Begin and End AND is INCOMPLETE
  • OR Begin AND is INCOMPLETE
  • OR End AND is INCOMPLETE
  • OR Start Before and End During AND is INCOMPLETE
  • OR Start During and End After AND is INCOMPLETE
  • OR Start Before and End After AND is INCOMPLETE

I cannot seem to figure this one out.

Answers

• MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni

Yes, this is possible, but I need some clarification...

Is there a difference between Begin and End and Start and End?

I'm trying to grasp the difference between your first 3 criteria and last 3. A screenshot of your sheet might be helpful.

What is your 3 week timeframe? Is it always current plus the next 3 weeks? Or is it something you want to be able to set? (last 3 weeks? next 3 weeks? Starting on 6/1?) Does it start based on a date column on your sheet? Or maybe Today + 3 weeks?

• I apologize for the miscommunication.

• There is no difference between Begin and Start. Hopefully the below revision is more clear.
      • Starts During and Ends During AND is INCOMPLETE
      • OR Starts During and Ends After AND is INCOMPLETE
      • OR Starts Before and Ends During AND is INCOMPLETE
      • OR Starts Before and Ends After AND is INCOMPLETE
    • The Next 3 Weeks is the timeframe. Although, it would also be helpful if I could change between: The Next 1 Week, The Next 2 Weeks, and The Next 3 Weeks.

I want to see only the items that are scheduled to happen between the two red lines on the screenshot below.

• Did you ever get an answer? I'm also having trouble selecting a range of dates for a report if the date doesn't explicitly include a date in the 'start date' or 'end date' columns.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!