Help w/automatic Status formula

jmo
jmo ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 07/07/21 in Formulas and Functions

Hi team - I have a Status column that includes:

• Not Started
  • In Progress
  • Complete

I created this formula that appears to work other than when all required fields have information, it does not go to Complete:

=IF(COUNTIF([1. Aware of XXX vulnerability?]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([2. Does org use XXX XXX?]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3a. Action steps implemented?]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3a1. Describe steps]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3b. Networked accessed?]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3b1. Verifications]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3b2. Plans to verify]@row, <>"") = 0, "Not Started", "In Progress")

What am I missing?

Best Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Here is my suggestion...

=IF(COUNTIFS([1. Aware of Kaseya vulnerability?]@row:[3b2. Plans to verify]@row, @cell = "") = 0, "Complete", IF(COUNTIFS([1. Aware of Kaseya vulnerability?]@row:[3b2. Plans to verify]@row, @cell <> "") = 0, "Not Started", "In Progress"))

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

We would use another IF statement at the beginning of the formula so that it essentially "overrides" the other portions.

=IF([Cyber Team Verified Acceptance]@row = 1, "Verified", IF(COUNTIFS([1. Aware of Kaseya vulnerability?]@row:[3b2. Plans to verify]@row, @cell = "") = 0, "Complete", IF(COUNTIFS([1. Aware of Kaseya vulnerability?]@row:[3b2. Plans to verify]@row, @cell <> "") = 0, "Not Started", "In Progress")))

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

Answers

• Chuck Rodgers
    Chuck Rodgers ✭✭✭✭

In looking at the formula, i can see 2 states defined - "Not Started" and "In Progress". "Completed" is not defined in the formula.

• jmo
    jmo ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/07/21

@cr1616 Any idea how to have 3 states defined? If all fields are blanks (= 0) Not Started; if <> 7 then In Progress; if = 7 then Complete?

• jmo
    jmo ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/08/21

Team - still needing help.

I tried the following nested IF formula and it appears to work UNTIL all of the necessary fields (5, I reduced the number of columns requiring info) have data in them - then I get an INVALID ARGUMENT error (I created a Status 2 column to test):

=IF(COUNTIF([1. Aware of Kaseya vulnerability?]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([2. Does org use Kaseya VSA?]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3a. Action steps implemented?]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3a1. Describe steps]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3b. Was your org impacted by this event?]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3b1. Verifications]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3b2. Plans to verify]@row, <>"") = 0, "Not Started", IF(COUNTIF([1. Aware of Kaseya vulnerability?]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([2. Does org use Kaseya VSA?]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3a. Action steps implemented?]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3a1. Describe steps]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3b. Was your org impacted by this event?]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3b1. Verifications]@row, <>"") + COUNTIF([3b2. Plans to verify]@row, <>""), <=5, "In Progress", "Complete"))

What am I still missing?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Here is my suggestion...

=IF(COUNTIFS([1. Aware of Kaseya vulnerability?]@row:[3b2. Plans to verify]@row, @cell = "") = 0, "Complete", IF(COUNTIFS([1. Aware of Kaseya vulnerability?]@row:[3b2. Plans to verify]@row, @cell <> "") = 0, "Not Started", "In Progress"))

10xViz.com

• jmo
    jmo ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Genius @Paul Newcome !!!

That formula was money!!!!

• jmo
    jmo ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Paul Newcome, now how about another variable? :-)

How would I add a nested function to this formula to actually change Status to Verified if the Cyber Team Verified Acceptance checkbox is checked?

Status drop down options are:

• Complete
    • In Progress
    • Not Started
    • Verified
  • Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

We would use another IF statement at the beginning of the formula so that it essentially "overrides" the other portions.

=IF([Cyber Team Verified Acceptance]@row = 1, "Verified", IF(COUNTIFS([1. Aware of Kaseya vulnerability?]@row:[3b2. Plans to verify]@row, @cell = "") = 0, "Complete", IF(COUNTIFS([1. Aware of Kaseya vulnerability?]@row:[3b2. Plans to verify]@row, @cell <> "") = 0, "Not Started", "In Progress")))

10xViz.com

• jmo
    jmo ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Once again @Paul Newcome , you come through like a champ!!!

Worked like a charm!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help. πŸ‘οΈ

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!