Multiple dependencies - can I use a range?

Options

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a template project plan and I want to set my milestone date to be dependent on when all the other children from that parent are completed. But I also want to be able to add rows (siblings) under that parent. Is there a way to set a range of predecessors or do I need to keep manually updating the predecessors for the milestone every time I add a row to that section of the project plan?

Jeanne

Best Answer

• Jeanne Wilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

I figured it out. Instead if having all my tasks as siblings at the same level as my milestone, I added a milestone-level task called "Phase Tasks", and indented all the subtasks I wanted the milestone to depend upon under this "Phase Tasks." THe milestone becomes the sibling of "Phase Tasks" and takes it dependency from "Phase Tasks." Basically I made all the tasks I wanted my milestone to depend upon into their own grandchild group.

Answers

• Jeanne Wilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

I figured it out. Instead if having all my tasks as siblings at the same level as my milestone, I added a milestone-level task called "Phase Tasks", and indented all the subtasks I wanted the milestone to depend upon under this "Phase Tasks." THe milestone becomes the sibling of "Phase Tasks" and takes it dependency from "Phase Tasks." Basically I made all the tasks I wanted my milestone to depend upon into their own grandchild group.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jeanne Wilson

Excellent!

Glad you got it working!

Please support the Community by marking your post with the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!