Calculating a future date based on a number of days

Options

I am trying to calculate a future date using the date as it is 'now' + 90 days. I have read a few articles on here but I don't seem to be able to work it out

I want to have the date completed - for example today / expiry term as 90 days and then it populates the expiry date (I can do this in Excel)

Please help :)

Thanks

Michelle

Best Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If Date Completed is a Date formatted Column and Expiry term is a numeric column. You need to make sure Expiry Date is a Date Formatted column too.

Then in the Expiry Date enter:

=[Date Completed]@row + [Expiry term]@row

That should work.

Kind regards

Debbie

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/12/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Michelle Bennett

Hope you are fine, if you want to calculate expiry date as a 90 days from today use the following formula

expiry date = Today(90)

and if you want to calculate the expiry date based on date completed and expiry term use the following formula

expiry date = date completed + expiry term ( 12-July-2021 + 90 = 10-Oct-2021 )

but check that the expiry date & date completed columns are date type and the expiry term column is Text/Number type

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If Date Completed is a Date formatted Column and Expiry term is a numeric column. You need to make sure Expiry Date is a Date Formatted column too.

Then in the Expiry Date enter:

=[Date Completed]@row + [Expiry term]@row

That should work.

Kind regards

Debbie

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/12/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Michelle Bennett

Hope you are fine, if you want to calculate expiry date as a 90 days from today use the following formula

expiry date = Today(90)

and if you want to calculate the expiry date based on date completed and expiry term use the following formula

expiry date = date completed + expiry term ( 12-July-2021 + 90 = 10-Oct-2021 )

but check that the expiry date & date completed columns are date type and the expiry term column is Text/Number type

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• thanks both - worked a treat :)

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Michelle Bennett

Excellent, i will be happy to help you any time. Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)

PMP Certified

• Easy when you know how - thank you! :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!