2 cells with dates -blank reporting

Hi,

I have a cell "signoff" with date a that is manually entered and cell "required date" which is autogenerated from a look up.

In 3rd cell "timeframe met", I'm trying to report if "signoff" cell is <= "required date" then report Yes, if not report No -but if "signoff" cell is blank it currently reports back "yes" so need to add in a if is blank then report "No signoff date" rather than yes.

Formula so far:

=IF([Sign Off]@row >= [Required Date ]@row, "N", "Y")

Any ideas? Thanks

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Andrew Darley

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and convert it to column format formula:

=IFERROR(IF(ISBLANK([Required Date]@row), "", IF(ISBLANK([Sign Off]@row), "No signoff date", IF([Sign Off]@row >= [Required Date]@row, "Yes", IF([Sign Off]@row < [Required Date]@row, "No")))), "")

the following screenshot shows the result:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Andrew Darley

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and convert it to column format formula:

=IFERROR(IF(ISBLANK([Required Date]@row), "", IF(ISBLANK([Sign Off]@row), "No signoff date", IF([Sign Off]@row >= [Required Date]@row, "Yes", IF([Sign Off]@row < [Required Date]@row, "No")))), "")

the following screenshot shows the result:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bassam,

Many thanks -this looks like it has solved it.

Regards,

Andrew

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!