Referencing Values From A Different Sheet

I have a Master Sheet "Used Acoustic Guitars Magento(Use This)" with a column for "Store Number" that contains 45 possible values and an additional column "short_description" that is currently blank

My reference sheet "Smartsheet Store Directory" has the same two columns, "Store Number" which has all of the 45 possible values that could be entered in the "Store Number Column" and a populated "short_description" value

I would like to populate this empty "short description" column on my Master Sheet "Used Acoustic Guitars Magento(Use This)" via a formula that would bring in that value from my reference sheet

Example:

So on "Smartsheet Store Directory" the Store Number Value "14" corresponds to a short description value of "This used item resides in our Cherry Hill, NJ store. Call (856) 667-6696 if you would like more information."

So any time the Store Number column on my Master Sheet shows a value of "14" than the short_description field would auto populate with that value listed in the short_description column of the "Smartsheet Store Directory"

via a formula that would reference my other sheet "Smartsheet Store Directory" This reference sheet contains a Store Number column with all of the 45 possible values and a corresponding "short_description" value I want to appear on my Master Sheet

So if the Store Number column on the Master Sheet is "14" than I would want the value listed in the "short_description" column of the row for S

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Derek Ash

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!