Can Workflow be shared with other users?

Hello

I have some weekly reports shared with my team members. The reports have automated workflow (the primary function applied are move the rows, copy, alert..., etc.)

I am wondering if the workflow can be created once and applied to the all the future reports?

So I don't need to create the workflow every time. It'd helpful when I am on leave and my colleague can just apply the workflow without too much work.

Thank you!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Szu-Yu Chou

Not sure I follow.

Are you using sheets or reports?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree,

Thank you for the reply. I think I have got a solution.

My question is, can a workflow be created (by anyone) and it'd be available to all the shared users (within a workspace)?

I am more looking at a weekly report. That said, the report would be generated weekly with same format . So my solution now is create a template in Smartsheet, and any shared users can use the template along with workflow enabled.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Szu-Yu Chou

Happy to help!

I'm still not sure I follow. Is it a sheet or a report?

If you create a Workflow in a sheet, it will be available to anyone depending on their permissions.

Make sense?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• It's a sheet.

It's more like I need to create a new sheet every week. But when a new sheet is created, there are no existing workflow I can select in the new sheet. I would like to make a workflow stays in a workspace and every time a new sheet is created in the workspace, every one can apply to their sheet.

I hope this explains my situation.

Thank you for following up!