Parent row % complete does not calculate when child rows pull result of a formula from another sheet

Hello,

I need to calculate % complete on parent rows. The child rows are parent rows in other sheets, and I'm pulling in the rollup. Any help greatly appreciate!

Answers

• Hi @Caitlin Kennedy

Try using the formula

=AVG(CHILDREN())

This will present the Average of the Percents found in the child rows. Is that what you are looking to do?

See: CHILDREN Function

If I've misunderstood, it would be helpful to see a screen capture of this current sheet and an example screen capture of one of your source sheets (but please block out any sensitive data).

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 πŸŽ‰
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Caitlin Kennedy
    Caitlin Kennedy ✭✭

Thanks! The parent rows in the source sheets are calculated with different formulas. I think the consolidated sheet does not read the % as a number (because there is a formula in the cell). The % complete column in the consolidated sheet has something enabled that prevents me from entering formulas. It returns "Because this row has sub-tasks, this cell is a summary value and cannot be edited directly." So I think I need to make the consolidated sheet read the % complete from the source sheet as a number.

• Hi @Caitlin Kennedy

Can you post a screen capture of this "consolidated" sheet? How are you bringing in the Parent Row data from the other sheets?

If you're using a formula to look into your source sheets and present the data in this sheet (in the child rows), can you also identify the formula you're using?

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 πŸŽ‰
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!