Can a form be updated once it has been submitted for approval?

We are using a form to capture requests for purchase with approval automations. If the person submitting form submits with an inaccurate cost estimate, can they return to same submitted form and edit it for second approval? Also is there a way to put a timing formula i.e. like 24 hours or 48 hours on the approval to remind the approver the request is outstanding? Any suggestions appreciated.

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Lesley Conger

I hope you're well and safe!

There are multiple ways to structure a solution, and it depends on your specific use case.

Here's a couple of ways for how they can update the information after submission.

• Automated Update request
    • A report showing the users submissions
    • Dynamic View showing the users submissions
    • WorkApps showing the users submissions

Yes, you can also set a timing formula. One way would be to use the change cell action feature in a workflow.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Lesley Conger

I hope you're well and safe!

There are multiple ways to structure a solution, and it depends on your specific use case.

Here's a couple of ways for how they can update the information after submission.

• Automated Update request
    • A report showing the users submissions
    • Dynamic View showing the users submissions
    • WorkApps showing the users submissions

Yes, you can also set a timing formula. One way would be to use the change cell action feature in a workflow.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!