% Complete of children row so parent row is 100% of children

BESP10
BESP10 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good afternoon, we have a Parent Row that is the sum of the children, in the column next to it we need to give each row a % value based on that rows % of the total in the parent row. How do we keep the parent row constant because when we copy the formula down it reads the next row down

Best Answer

• BESP10
    BESP10 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Thank you @Bassam Khalil , that worked, is there a way to do a formula so it always goes to the parent row? When we add multiple scope items with parent and child rows on the same sheet we were hoping we could collapse the rows and copy the formula in the parent row

Thanks

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @BESP10

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula:

=[install Bar]@Row / $[install Bar]$649

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• BESP10
    BESP10 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Thank you @Bassam Khalil , that worked, is there a way to do a formula so it always goes to the parent row? When we add multiple scope items with parent and child rows on the same sheet we were hoping we could collapse the rows and copy the formula in the parent row

Thanks

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BESP10

Yes I can configure it for you but I need to share me as an admin on a sample copy with sample data.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• BESP10
    BESP10 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Bassam Khalil

I just shared the sheet to you

Thanks

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!