Help with populating one column based on value of range of columns

I have a number of columns with either "High", "Medium" or "Low" as the value and am wanting to return either "Yes", "No" or "Maybe" in another column based a result in any of those columns.

So if any of columns A - E contains "High" then column F should show "Yes"

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Hi @Kristen Beer

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and convert it to column format formula:

=IFERROR(IF(COUNTIF(A@row:E@row, "High") > 0, "Yes", "No"), "")

the following screenshot shows the result:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Hi @Kristen Beer

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and convert it to column format formula:

=IFERROR(IF(COUNTIF(A@row:E@row, "High") > 0, "Yes", "No"), "")

the following screenshot shows the result:

PMP Certified

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• That worked perfectly - thank you very much!

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Kristen Beer

Excellent, I will be happy to help you any time. I will appreciate your vote on this post.

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!