Change RED/YELLOW/GREEN symbol based on 'At Risk' containing set # of occurrences

Options
Zach Zalowitz
Zach Zalowitz ✭✭
edited 07/26/21 in Formulas and Functions

Hi - I'm trying to get the 'Project/Phase Health' column to change to YELLOW if I have 1 to 2 'At Risk' task, but to be GREEN if all task have empty 'at risk'. I tried to SUM the 'At Risk' column as I thought 'At Risk' = "Yes" means that the cell had "1" in in (equivocably).

What's the formula to say that IF(SUM of 'At Risk' Column <> 0 then "Yellow" in the red/yellow/green column)?

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Zach Zalowitz 

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and convert it to column format formula:

=IFERROR(IF([At Risk]@row = 0, "Green", IF([At Risk]@row > 2, "Red", "Yellow")), "")

the following screenshot shows the result:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Zach Zalowitz
    Options

Hi - Appreciate this answer, but it answers for the cell-by-cell equation. I'm trying to find a range of cells, and if the At-Risk flag SUM's up for those, that (only at one main heading row) I change the 'health' of that phase of the project. Is there a way to SUM ?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Zach Zalowitz

Could you please share me as an admin on a copy of your sheet after removing any sensitive data and I will check it for you

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!