Count IF and Contain help?

Options

I am using this formula to count how many tasks are RED and assigned to an Assignee. It does not seem to be picking up if the Task has been assigned to multiple people. For example. If the Task is assigned to Bob and Sally as an assignee it wont pick that task up. Is there a way to do a CONTAINS off of the Team11?

=COUNTIFS({Tasks Range 1}, Team11, {Tasks Range 4}, "RED")

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Greg Zinn

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula:

=COUNTIFS({Tasks Range 1}, CONTAINS("Team11", @cell), {Tasks Range 4}, "RED")

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Greg Zinn
    Options

Hello I think this is close Khalil.. "team11" is not the search term I am trying to pull then Name of the person from the field in the sheet called team. Any tweaks?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Greg Zinn

Could you share me as an admin on a copy of your sheets after removing any sensitive data and I will try to fix it for you.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Greg Zinn
    Options

Hi Khalil thanks for that offer but I will have to seek another pathway for resolution.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!