Filter Formula Question

I'm working with a large list that I would like to automatically filter according to items selected in a related column. For example, if a user selects Client A in the Client Column, I only want the list items associated with Client A to appear in the drop down list in the Services Column. Is there a formula that I should use to apply this kind of filter? If not, I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to approach this!

Thank you!

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Alexandra Prescott 

Hope you are fine, you can do that i a simple way by using report and filter it by the client.

and if you want it to be done by a formula yes you can do that by using Index With Collect formula. if you want me to help you with that please call me:

My Email: Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/29/21

Hi @Alexandra Prescott

I hope you're well and safe!

I recently developed similar solutions for two clients (form-based and for selecting metrics), but I'd recommend starting exploring if a Report would work for your use case and need.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!